… and I am a stress baker.
I am not talking about your usual here and there, oh lets make brownies… I am talking straight on… in the past week I have made four different type of baked goods and I don’t plan on stopping soon.
The Bar exam is literally eating away at my soul, and so the only way I feel human again is to make tasty treats and feed the people I love. And myself.
Another thing about me… I love S’Mores… in any form. Trader Joe’s has these little S’More bits that I will eat an entire box of without blinking. The combination to me is just genius. So today I was hardcore craving S’More cupcakes, but there was simply no time to get chocolate cake mix… but I happened to have some Ghirardelli brownie mix…
S’More Brownies (Amanda’s Version)
- 8 T unsalted butter, melted
- 2 c graham cracker crumbs
- 2 T + 1 t granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 Box Ghirardelli brownie mix (1/3 c veggie oil, 1/4 c water, 1 egg)
- “Enough” mini marshmallows
- (Steps 1 & 2 taken from above linked blog) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 8×8-inch pan with foil so it hangs over the edges a bit. Spray with nonstick spray. (You can use 9×9-inch pan, but baking time might need slight decrease and your end result will be a thinner brownie).
- Prepare crust: In a medium bowl, mix butter with crumbs, sugar and salt. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan. Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix up brownie mix (so much faster).
- Pour into baked crust, bake according to box directions.
- After brownies are done sprinkle “enough” (to cover) mini marshmallows. Sprinkle with any extra graham cracker frosting. Broil for 3-6 minutes depending on oven.
- Try not to eat right away because it will BURN YOUR MOUTH OFF. Seriously, learn from my mistake
- Remove aluminum foil from pan and cut brownies (I waited a bit first).
These babies are EXACTLY what the doctor ordered – SO yummy and delicious. I hope you have reasons to make these other than stress-baking, but if not… these are the perfect cure!