This weekend I wanted to make a nice dinner – and since I am obsessed with Sweet Potatoes, I decided this would be my main agreement. Luckily, trusty Real Simple rose to the challenge and we ended up with this:
It was SO stinking delicious!!! I got the Ricotta fresh from our Treasure Island (America’s Most European Grocery Store!) and it was just – amazing.
- 12 ounces spaghetti (3/4 box)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- 1/3 cup ricotta
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add the shallots and rosemary. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the potato mixture, Parmesan, and reserved cooking water. Dollop with the ricotta before serving.
p.s. I actually had no idea what shallots were before the making of this… But now I do, and they made the taters taste delicious!!
2 thoughts on “Spaghetti with Sweet Potato and Ricotta”
i’ll make this for you the night before your second interview. k punkin?